Climb Everest in 2016 / 17 / 18 etc with 4 times summiteer Tim Mosedale

Everest Expedition via South Col 2016 / 2017 / 18 / 19 etc

Wednesday 23 March 2016

I can't quite see it yet but Everest is looming on the horizon ...

It's been a busy few weeks with the build up to the forthcoming Everest season. I'm departing tomorrow and then we are flying to Lukla on Tuesday for our 3 week trek in to Base Camp from where we will then start our rotations on the hill getting up to around 7,200m.

I'll be mainly updating FaceBook whilst I am in The Khumbu so please have a look across there occasionally to see what we are up to and where we are (my poage is at https://www.facebook.com/Everest-Expedition-343655569085328/?ref=hl if you're interested).

I'll be snapping away and getting as much footage as possible especially now that I have a 12mm lens for some of the panorama shots. One great thing about this set up is that I can get a panorama done in under 10 minutes so there should be plenty of opportunities for me to bring some awesome footage back. It means that there are fewer photos for Thomas to stitch ... but the downside is that you don't get quite the same clarity. So when it comes to the ultra mega views I'll be using the Carl Zeiss 35mm Loxia lens which is utterly incredible.

As a for instance here are a couple of shots taken locally whilst I have been doing some final practicing ...

Castlerigg Stone Circle - a prehistoric monument just outside Keswick
Walla Crag - a classic viewpoint overlooking Derwentwater and Keswick with great views across to the Central and Northen Fells.
Now I'm sure that you will agree that these are great shots but when you compare them with one that I took in the Allgau Alps in January you'll see that there's far better resolution. With the 12mm lens you can see individual blades of grass ... with the Zeiss 35mm lens you can see grains of snow!

Hahnenkamm
That's it for now but I'll try and keep posted as and when I have signal, a good photo to share and a yarn to spin. I hope that you enjoy the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment